Monday, December 1, 2014

I hope my students will watch these videos... and then interview their relatives.... IF ONLY FOR A SECOND































Look what a book project can do for a person.




Or a group of people.



People who were ignored.

I like how books can change people's
lives and grab the public's attention


People who felt that the best days of their lives were behind them.



People who felt trapped by their illness.




People with cancer who had lost their hair.



If only for a second, can they forget that they have cancer?




This series of photos comes from a video that has over 16 million hits.   I hope that my students will take time to interview their relatives, to ask their older relatives to tell stories... so that "for only a second" their relatives can be the center of attention.




I want my students to touch history.   Ask your parents, your grandparents, your uncles and aunts to tell you about "what life was like 30 years ago."




If only for a second, can my students live in the past?



At my school, several teachers have aunts and great0aunts and grandmothers who are OVER NINETY YEARS OLD.  Imagine what those people have seen!!




I hope their stories can be captured.





I encourage you to look at the videos below and think about your relatives.  Ask, "What do you remember?  What should I know about?"





Then call me and let's get those memories into a book.   Then you can give those stories in a book to your grandmother or other old people in your life.


SEE THIS DOCUMENTARY


THE MIMI PROJECT



Here is a documentary about veterans who contributed to the victory in Europe.






SEE THIS DOCUMENTARY



SEE THIS DOCUMENTARY




SEE THIS DOCUMENTARY




No comments:

Post a Comment